August 25, 2013

Psalm of My God

Last time I challenged you, as readers, to come up with a definition or a poem or psalm defining their individual image of God and to think about how that impacts prayer and life in general.

My own poem/psalm is rather simple and I sincerely hope it does impact both the way I pray and the way I interact in my day-to-day life.

God, my God, You Are
The One who opens
God, my God, You Are
Opening eyes and ears
God, my God, You Are
Opening clenched hands and hearts

God, my God, You Are
Setting Free
God, my God, You Are
Powerful and Empowering
God, my God, You Are
The opposite of fear

God, my God, You Are
Love Unchangeable
God, my God, You Are
Calling me to You
God, my God, You Are “I AM”

No matter how you define God-God defines you as Beloved Child. Matthew West's song Hello My Name Is... really highlights this truth. Take a couple minutes to listen to his words.

Next weekend is Labor Day—the de facto beginning of the fall season. What new ideas might we explore together?

Easter 3: A Ghost?

  Welcome to Easter-tide or the Great 50 Days of Easter. We’re looking at some of the post-Resurrection meetings by Jesus and his followers....