April 8, 2012

Easter Day


Happy Easter. Here is a prayer from Brigid of Kildare that may give you food for thought on this joyous day. Next week we’ll start on a new adventure for the Easter season.


I should like a great lake of finest ale
For the King of kings.
I should like a table of the choicest food
For the family of heaven.
Let the ale be made of the fruits of faith,
And the food be forgiving love.
I should welcome the poor to my feast,
For they are God’s children.
I should welcome the sick to my feast,
For they are God’s joy.
Let the poor sit with Jesus at the highest place,
And the sick dance with the angels.
God bless the poor,
God bless the sick,
And bless our human race.
God bless our food,
God bless our drink,
All homes, O God, embrace.
Brigid of Kildare

Next week we'll start a new series "Psalm 100 Living"-what would it mean to live into the promises and joy of Psalm 100? 

Easter 3: A Ghost?

  Welcome to Easter-tide or the Great 50 Days of Easter. We’re looking at some of the post-Resurrection meetings by Jesus and his followers....